11/15/2004

THE CHRISTIAN RECORDER ONLINE (11/15/04)

1. EDITOR'S NOTE

I may have inadvertently forwarded a posting with Bishop McKenzie's Time Magazine photo. I did not mean to forward that message and if you have received that email, please do not forward it. I was given a one-time permission to use it in The Christian Recorder (TCR) and it was not to be used in the TCR online. I appreciate your helping me to maintain the integrity of our publication. Enjoy the photo and delete it.

Please send all correspondence to my email address: chsydnor@erols.com or, preferably to, chsydnor@bellsouth.net . I am transitioning my email address to the Bellsouth email address; and that is the preferred email address that I would like for you to use.

Again, I am transitioning my email address to chsydnor@bellsouth.net :

2. BREAKING NEWS:

The Third Episcopal District Planning Meeting pastoral appointments made on Saturday, November 13, 2004; the Right Reverend Robert V. Webster, Presiding Bishop, the Rev. Dr. Taylor T. Thompson, reporting.

Ohio Conference:

Charles Holmes, Presiding Elder, Springfield Xenia district

Charles Scott, Presiding Elder, Columbus District

Michael Simmons, St. Paul, Urbana

Edna Parker, Zion, Delaware

Pittsburgh Conference

Eric Brown, Presiding Elder, Allegheny Scranton District

St. James, Pittsburgh – Open

Andrew Newberry, Bethel, Scranton, PA

Arthur Doctor, St. Paul, Washington, PA

Ken Boyd, Trinity, Pittsburgh

David Bethea, Park Place, Homestead

John Frazier, St. Paul, Pittsburgh

Helen Burton, Bethel, Tarentum

Kary Williams, Wayman, New Brighton

North Ohio Conference

Floyd W. Alexander, Presiding Elder, Cleveland District

James Harris, Greater Avery, Cleveland

Edward Butler, St. Paul, Lima

Bruce Butcher, St. Paul, Akron

Arnett Thornton, Community, Cleveland

Sheridan, East Liverpool – Open

Hatcher Chapel, Cleveland - Open

South Ohio Conference

Isaiah Haile, Allen Chapel, Portsmouth

Melonie Valentine, Quinn, Ironton

Erwin McIntosh, Quinn, Wilmington

Ron Glenn, Wayman, Dayton

Fred Wright, Quinn, Cincinnati

Tim Storms, St. Paul, Milford

Brown Chapel, Cincinnati – open

Whitman Chapel – Open

St. Paul, Circleville – Open